When and where is it taking place?
The Bloomberg Square Mile Relay Dubai 2023 will take place on Thursday, 9th February. The race starts and finishes in front of the Gate Building at Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC).
What are the changing facilities?
There are no changing rooms on-site so we recommend that runners arrive ready to run. There will be toilets with cubicles, and a baggage tent where you can leave your bags during the race should you need to.
What time do we need to be there on the night?
Team captains should expect to arrive at 5:30pm on the day to register and collect their team’s race bibs (please note that it is only the nominated team captain who can register the team). Team members will need to arrive by 6:00pm, to be ready for the important race briefing at 6.30pm, followed by the race start at 7:00pm.
*Please note - times are subject to change
How do I get to the Race Village?
Bus: Emirates Towers MS Landside Bus Station: Service # 27, 29. Taxi: Drop-off point at DIFC Gate Building 5 entrance. Metro: Emirates Towers Metro Station, Exit 1, Sheikh Zayed Road (North). Parking: Public parking available in close proximity. Note: Access to the Race Village via The Gate Building is not possible.
What are the Team Eligibility and Race Rules for the Dubai race?
TEAM ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Each team should consist of 10 participants, but the minimum number of participants per team is 8 - in this situation, 2 participants must run another lap each in order for the team to complete all 10 laps. No participant is permitted to run more than 2 laps.
- Participants are permitted to run in only one team at any given race and must be at least 18 years of age on the race date.
- A minimum of 8 individual participants in each team must be employed by the corporation or be a member of the professional organisation or learned society entering the race – verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- If a corporation has less than 20 employees or members, they are able to group together with one other corporation that also has less than 20 employees or members in order to form a team, but at least half of the participants in the team must be employees or members from the registered corporation.
- There are 3 different team categories in the race: Overall, Mixed and Team Eligibility Rules 1-4 apply to all 3 categories.
- All teams will be eligible for the Overall
- To be eligible for the Mixed category, a team will need to consist of at least 4 individual female participants, running a minimum of one lap each, and at least 1 male or non-binary participant running at least one lap - the rest of the team can be filled with any gender.
- If a participant selects ‘Prefer not to say’ as their gender, the team will only be eligible for the Overall category and Mixed Team category (providing there are at least four different females running one lap each and one other gendered runner (male or non binary) running at least one lap in the Mixed Team).
- To be eligible for the Female category, a team will need to consist of female participants only.
- The fastest 3 Overall teams, the fastest Mixed team and the fastest Female team will be awarded after the race has finished, but if the race needs to be stopped for any reason the awards will only be presented to teams that have completed at least 5 laps.
- Every team must complete 10 laps of the designated one-mile (1.6km) course.
- Participants are required to display their race bib clearly throughout the race on the front of their t-shirt or vest as it contains their race timing chip and will need to be scanned prior to crossing the start line.
- Participants must start the race in their correct start wave, as per the team’s running order (1-10) assigned by the Team Captain, to ensure correct personal and team timing.
- Should participants wish to walk instead of run during their lap, always keep to the side of the course to prevent blocking other participants.
- After finishing a lap, participants must immediately move into the Finish Area, put a mask back on, and not stop until they have exited the area.
Will there be an After-Party?
After the awards presentation in the Event Village, participants are invited to head to the Official After-Party at the Dolce, only a short walk away!
Can spectators come into the Race Village?
Spectators are welcome to join runners in the Event Village! Check out the route map to see where you can catch the best of the action.
If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please Contact Us.