Tokyo Booking Terms and Conditions
Bloomberg Square Mile Relay Tokyo 2019
Booking Terms and Conditions
Event: Bloomberg Square Mile Relay Tokyo
Event Organizer: Square Mile Relay Tokyo Committee
Supporting Organizations: The Council for Area Development and Management of Otemachi, Marunouchi, and Yurakucho. OMY Area
1. By completing and submitting an online entry form, you agree that you have read and agree to be bound by the below terms and conditions.
2. The event complies with Japanese law.
3. Only persons aged 20 years or above on the Event Day may be registered for or participate in the Event.
4. A team should have 10 individuals, and must have a minimum of 8 individuals to participate in the event. You must have at least 8 persons from same company.
5. We recommend registering in your company name. Any team or company name against public order and morality might be asked to change the name by event organizer.
6. Team captain has to invite all runners in the team and ensure all team members agree to terms and condition and injury waiver before they are authorized to take part in the race.
7. Each member will be asked to register their name, address, DOB, and contact information. Falsifying name, date of birth, gender, nationality, residence, or record is strictly prohibited and your team entry can be terminated in doing so.
8. Once you complete the online entry form, you will be receiving confirmation email from event organizer. Please ensure to change your settings to enable to receive emails from jp.squaremilerelay.com domain.
9. Successful entrants are required to pay their entry fee by a designated date. If you fail to do so, you cannot proceed to team registration and your team might be cancelled by the organizer.
10. The team entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. There is no postponement for rain. There are possibilities to cancel the event because of earthquake, natural disaster, heavy snow, crimes, accidents, pandemic, or any force majeure event, however no refunds shall be provided. Cancellation or postponement of the event is at the organizers discretion.
12. The event organizer reserves the right to change the time, date, venue and format of the Event or cancel, delay or postpone the event in full or in part, without liability to the participant subject to notification to the participant prior to the Event day.
13. The event won’t be postponed once it has been cancelled.
14. Within the final one week prior to the event, the event organizer will provide a digital race pack which details key event information.
15. The Team Captain must collect the race baton and each runners race number (bib) at Team Captain's Registration in the event village when they arrive on race day . You cannot participate without your race baton and official race number (bib).
16. Please be aware official time will be timed by timing chip inside the team relay baton and may differ from your own timing instrument. The official time is final.
17. You are prohibited to promote or sell any products on site.
18. Please prepare for the race and ensure you are healthy enough to participate in the race. It is each runner’s responsibility to be in a fit state to take part. Please consult with your doctor prior to participating.
19. The event organizer will not be liable to any detriments caused by the followings:
(1) Illness, injury, accident or death (excluding emergency treatment)
(2) Loss and/or damage of personal property
(3) Late or absence caused by any kinds of traffic reason or other unknown reason.
20. Please follow direction by event organizer related to the event. The event organizers decision is final.
21. The entrant completing the online entry form confirms that they are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of each participant and they will provide each participant with a copy of the Terms in advance of the Event.
Team Eligibility and Race Rules
Team Captains are responsible for ensuring their teams adhere to all team eligibility and race rules.
Team Eligibility Rules
1. Each team should consist of 10 participants, but the minimum number of participants per team is 8 - in this situation, 2 participants must run another complete full lap (2 mini laps = 1 complete full lap) each in order for the team to complete all 10 full laps. No participant is permitted to run more than 2 complete full laps (4 mini laps).
2. Participants are permitted to run in only one team at any given race and must be at least 20 years of age on the race date.
3. A minimum of 8 individual participants in each team must be employed by or be a member of the corporation or University entering the race - verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
4. If a corporation or University has less than 20 employees or members, they are able to group together with one other corporation or University that also has less than 20 employees or members in order to form a team, but at least half of the participants in the team must be employees or members from the registered corporation or University.
5. There are 3 different team categories in the race: Open, Mixed and Female. Team Eligibility Rules 1-4 apply to all 3 categories.
6. All teams will be eligible for the Open category.
7. To be eligible for the Mixed category, a team will need to consist of at least 4 individual female participants, running a minimum of one lap each, and at least 1 male participant, running at least one lap – the rest of the team can be filled with either gender.
8. To be eligible for the Female category, a team will need to consist of female participants only.
9. The fastest 3 Open teams, the fastest Mixed team, the fastest Female team and the fastest Runner will be awarded after the race has finished, but if the race needs to be stopped for any reason the awards will only be presented to teams that have completed at least 5 complete laps.
1. Every team must run 10 complete full laps (20 mini laps) of the designated one-mile (1.6km) course.
2. Failure for a runner to complete two mini laps (1 complete full lap) will result in an incomplete full lap and an automatic 10 minute penalty will be added to the runners existing time e.g. if a runner only completes one mini lap in 3 minutes and fails to complete their second mini lap, their total complete full lap time will be 13 minutes.
3. There can only be one participant per team on the course at any given time.
4. Should any participant wish to walk instead of run during their laps, always keep to the side of the course to prevent blocking other participants.
5. Your race baton contains your timing chip. Participants can only pass the baton by hand to their own team members, in the transition area, opposite the race pens - throwing, rolling or kicking the baton is not allowed.
6. After handing the baton to their team member, the participant must immediately move into the Finish Area. The last participant must return their team baton to staff in the finish area.
7. Each participant is required to display their bib number clearly throughout the race on the front of their t-shirt or vest.
No appeals are allowed. The Race Organiser’s decision is final.