Latest situation on the Coronavirus Combined Shape Combined Shape Combined Shape Group Asset 1 Group Group

Next Race:  Announcement soon

London Announcement New York San Francisco Tokyo

Latest situation on the Coronavirus

13 April 2020 at 10:59AM

Choose a race. Create a team. Run your city!

Enter Now

The health and safety of our participants, spectators, partners, volunteers and staff across all of our race cities is our primary concern and we have created this webpage to be able to share all the latest important information relating to the ongoing developments of COVID-19 and how it may be affecting any of our races.  We are in regular contact with all of our partners and suppliers within each city, monitoring developments through the World Health Organisation (WHO), the relevant Governments and the local health authorities to ensure we operate our events following all the appropriate guidelines.

We will update this page regularly to give the current status of our upcoming races.

Last updated: 15 April 2020

Tokyo and San Francisco

In the best interest of the health and safety of our participants, spectators, partners, volunteers and staff, the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay in Tokyo and San Francisco have been postponed until next year. A new date for the 2021 edition of the races will be announced at a later date. Any team captains and runners that had registered to participate in the races have been informed of the postponement and we very much look forward to welcoming them back to the races in 2021.

For any questions about either race, in the first instance please visit the FAQs and click on the relevant city. If your question is not covered please use the below contact details to email us.

Tokyo[email protected]

San Francisco[email protected]

 

New York

The health and safety of all race attendees are our top priority. Due to the most recent guidance published by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on March 15 recommending organizers cancel or postpone events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States for 8 weeks, we have taken the decision to postpone the New York relay that was scheduled to take place on Thursday May 7. In the best interest of the health and safety of our participants, spectators, partners, volunteers and staff. All team captains and runners that had registered to participate in the race have been informed and will be kept up to date as we continue discussions with our event stakeholders and the local authorities to find an alternative date to host the race later this year.

We encourage everyone associated with the relay to stay safe and healthy during this time. We are looking forward to bringing the event back to the city at the appropriate time.

For any questions about the race, in the first instance please visit the FAQs and click on the ‘New York’ tab. If your question is not covered please email us at [email protected]

 

London

This race is still set to go ahead as planned and we are continuing to monitor the situation in the UK and London on a daily basis. We are in regular discussions with our event stakeholders and the local authorities but the health and safety of all race attendees are our top priority. We will be following the guidelines from the WHO by taking the necessary precautions both pre-event and on site at the race, and are working closely with our vendors to implement other protective measures. We will keep all Team Captains and runners up to date and will list any further updates here. However, we are still very positive and very much look forward to welcoming all teams and runners to the start line at Guildhall Yard on 24th September.

If you have any questions, please use the below contact details to email us at [email protected]

 

Headline Sponsor

Headline Sponsor