Tokyo Release and Waiver
Bloomberg Square Mile Relay Tokyo 2018
RELEASE AND WAIVER
All participants of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay Tokyo 2018 are required to accept the provisions of this Release and Waiver before taking part in the race.
ALL PARTICIPANTS READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING
1. By clicking "I ACCEPT", in consideration of allowing me to enter and participate in the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay 2018 (the "Event") I hereby acknowledge and declare as follows:
1.1 I wish to enter and participate in the Event upon and subject to the provisions of this Release and Waiver, the Event terms and conditions and the Event rules.
1.2 I understand that the Event is a potentially dangerous athletic event and that my participation in the Event may result in personal injury or harm.
1.3 I am physically fit and able for the purposes of competing in the Event.
1.4 I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity and cease competing in the Event before I become ill or injured.
1.5 I am aware that some streets adjoining the Event race course are open to regular vehicular traffic during the race and that it shall be my responsibility to protect myself from any danger or risks which may exist.
1.6 I am aware no water stations exist on the Event race course and that it shall be my sole responsibility to obtain any refreshments and sustenance which I may require during my participation in the Event.
1.7 I will obey all traffic laws and regulations and any other applicable laws and agree to be bound by and obey all other rules, regulations, terms and conditions specified by the Event Organizer and/or their respective officials or permitted assigns and representatives during all aspects of my participation or involvement with the Event including those rules, regulations, terms or conditions contained in this Release and Waiver, the Event terms and conditions, the Event rules and any other applicable safety rules as may be supplied from time to time.
1.8 I will adhere to the direction of race marshals whilst on the course.
1.9 I understand that failing to adhere to the Event rules or any direction of any Event organizer could result in my being penalised or disqualified from the Event.
1.10 That intending to be legally bound and subject to applicable law, I do hereby, for myself, and my heirs, executors, and administrators:
1.10.1 waive, release and forever discharge any and all rights or claims for damages which I may have or which hereafter accrue to me against all persons, organisations, and legal entities affiliated with the Event including, without limitation, Event Organizer and their affiliates, subsidiary and holding companies together with their respective representatives, officers, employees, agents, successors, assigns, and sponsors (together, the "Indemnified Parties"), for any and all damages which may be sustained or suffered by me in conjunction with my entry into, and/or arising out of my travel to, participation in, or return from the Event; and 1.10.2 irrevocably indemnify and forever hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against all costs and expenses (including legal costs), actions, proceedings, claims, demands and damages arising from a breach by myself or my fellow team members of the undertakings contained herein or arising from any act or omission of myself or my fellow team members.
Without prejudice to the foregoing I further acknowledge and agree that: (a) I will undertake to the Indemnified Parties to be liable for any death or personal injury to third parties, damage to property or any other claims, losses, costs (including, without limitation, all legal costs) or demands arising out of any negligent or wilful act or omission by myself whether arising during my participation in the Event or otherwise; and (b) under no circumstances will any of the Indemnified Parties be liable for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by myself or any other third party including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity or loss of publicity or loss of reputation or opportunity to enhance reputation or any other sort of economic loss.
2. By clicking "I ACCEPT", in further consideration of allowing me to enter and participate in the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay 2018 (the "Event"), I hereby consent to
(1) Type of Information
Name, gender, date of birth, age, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, nationality, emergency contact name, telephone number and relationship with the individual, records, location information, and medical information
(2) Purpose of Use
To improve service and safety levels for participants, personal information may be used to deliver the Runner Handbook, records, miscellaneous information related to the event including ones provided by the sponsors and supporting organizations, race results (rankings), insurance, and medical support.
(3) Cases of Provision of Information to Third Parties
Information shall be supplied to third parties in the following cases in which;
- It is necessary to supply the information to third parties, such as related businesses and suppliers within the scope of managing this event.
- The information is required by an insurance company for the purpose of making an insurance application.
- The medical information is required for academic purposes.
- The event organizer announces race results details via TV broadcasts, newspapers, magazines, or the Internet.
2. Copyright of images, photographs, articles, race records, and location information, covering the event, and their usage right for TV broadcasting, newspapers, magazines and the Internet, belongs to the event organizer. Aforementioned copyright includes but not limited to names and other personal information such as age and address (country, prefecture and city only) of entrants mentioned in the article covering the event.