When and where is it taking place?
The 2022 Bloomberg Square Mile Relay in Singapore will be taking place on Thursday 13th October at The Promontory, 11 Marina Blvd.
What are the changing facilities?
There will be toilets and baggage storage on site, but it is recommended that runners arrive ready to run! Please check the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothing for the weather.
What time do we need to be there on the night?
Team Captains may be expected to arrive from 5.30pm on the day to register and collect their team’s baton. Please note, it is only the nominated team captain who can register the team. We will take whoever registered the team as the captain unless we are told otherwise. Team members need to arrive from 6.00pm. A warm-up will take place before the race is due to start at 7.00pm.
Further timing details can be found here.
Can spectators buy food and drinks on the night?
Spectators are encouraged to come along to cheer on runners in the race and enjoy the atmosphere in the Race Village. Food and drink will be available for all colleagues, friends and family to purchase in advance on the website, or from the hospitality voucher booth on race day.
If you would like to purchase additional hospitality in advance, this is available on our website now.
What COVID-19 regulations do you have in place?
All runners will need to sign a COVID waiver before competing, this can be found on their online team/runner profile. The Race Organiser will communicate details of any coronavirus mitigations closer to the event, however, currently all participants and spectators will need to ensure they are not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms and will need to show proof of vaccination before they enter the venue.
What are the Team Eligibility and Race Rules for the Singapore race?
TEAM ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Each team should consist of 10 participants, but the minimum number of participants per team is 8 - in this situation, 2 participants must run another lap each in order for the team to complete all 10 laps. No participant is permitted to run more than 2 laps.
- Participants are permitted to run in only one team at any given race and must be at least 18 years of age on the race date.
- A minimum of 8 individual participants in each team must be employed by the corporation or be a member of the professional organisation or learned society entering the race – verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- If a corporation has less than 20 employees or members, they are able to group together with one other corporation that also has less than 20 employees or members in order to form a team, but at least half of the participants in the team must be employees or members from the registered corporation.
- There are 3 different team categories in the race: Overall, Mixed and Team Eligibility Rules 1-4 apply to all 3 categories.
- All teams will be eligible for the Overall
- To be eligible for the Mixed category, a team will need to consist of at least 4 individual female participants, running a minimum of one lap each, and at least 1 male participant, running at least one lap – the rest of the team can be filled with any gender.
- To be eligible for the Female category, a team will need to consist of female participants only.
- The fastest 3 Overall teams, the fastest Mixed team and the fastest Female team will be awarded after the race has finished, but if the race needs to be stopped for any reason the awards will only be presented to teams that have completed at least 5 laps.
- Every team must complete 10 laps of the designated one-mile (1.6km) course.
- There can only be one participant per team on the course at any given time.
- Should any participant wish to walk instead of run during their lap, always keep to the side of the course to prevent blocking other participants.
- Your race baton contains your timing chip. Participants can only pass the baton by hand to their own team members, in the transition area, opposite the race pens - throwing, rolling or kicking the baton is not allowed.
- After handing the baton to their team member, the participant must immediately move into the Finish Area. The last participant must return their team baton to staff in the finish area.
- Each participant is required to display their bib number clearly throughout the race on the front of their t-shirt or vest.
No appeals are allowed. The Race Organiser’s decision is final.